What is the antibody test?
Antibodies are the human body’s natural defense against viruses; after being infected with a virus, an antibody is produced to protect against and combat reinfections. The presence of the CoV-2 antibody is evidence that an individual has been exposed to the novel coronavirus and may be immune to reinfection.
**This test does not detect an active SARS CoV-2 infection.**
How can I get tested?
- Click “Order Test’ below and schedule your blood draw
- Provide a small blood sample at our draw station at the EFIMG Urgent Care at 7051 Alvarado Rd in La Mesa
- Sample gets taken and tested at Birdrock Laboratories
- Results emailed to patient same day once sample is received at Birdrock Laboratories
- Submit your receipt to your insurance for likely full coverage